What Can Acupuncture Help?
Many people use acupuncture for help with specific symptoms or conditions. Others choose acupuncture as a preventive measure to strengthen their constitution or because they just feel generally unwell.
People of all ages commonly seek acupuncture with problems relating to:
• Cardiovascular/Circulation system
• Eyes, ears, nose and throat
• Headaches and migraines
• Gastrointestinal system
• Genitourinary system
• Gynaecological system
• Immune disorders
• Menopausal symptoms
• Muscular-skeletal pain
• Pregnancy and labour, incl. non-medical induction of labour
• Psychological/Emotional states
• Respiratory illnesses, including asthma and bronchitis
• Skin conditions
• Sleep disturbances
The World Health Organisation (WHO) lists a wide variety of diseases or disorders for which acupuncture therapy has been tested in controlled clinical trials, please see this WHO paper to learn more.